The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories

~stories by H.P. Lovecraft
~edited by S.T. Joshi

If you want an introduction to H.P. Lovecraft, here it is. (At least I think it is, not that I'm an expert or anything, being the first time I've ever read Lovecraft.) Eighteen stories of the weird, strange, supernatural, and paranormal from throughout his career. It's interesting to see the many threads connecting the stories and how he works and reworks many of their aspects. I found the introduction and notes extremely helpful, although occasionally frivolous. Not to be read all at once, I'm afraid, but I'm glad I took the time to wade through it.

Stories include: Dagon; The Statement of Randolph Carter; Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family; Celephaïs; Nyarlathotep; The Picture in the House; The Outsider; Herbert West--Reanimator; The Hound; The Rats in the Walls; The Festival; He; Cool Air; The Call of Cthulhu; The Colour Out of Space; The Whisperer in Darkness; The Shadow Over Innsmouth; The Haunter of the Dark.



No comments: