Revolt in 2100

~by Robert A. Heinlein

Includes the stories:
"If This Goes On--"
Coventry
Misfit

Apparently this is the third volume of the "Future History" series. The first book is The Man Who Sold the Moon, followed by The Green Hills of Earth, Revolt in 2100, and Methuselah's Children. All these stories were then collected into a single volume entitled The Past through Tomorrow.

I enjoyed reading the three stories. Of course, when I began the book I thought it was a novel divided into three parts. No real indication was given that they were short stories/novellas/or whatever they are. Needless to say, this led to some confusion before I figured out what was going on. But, the stories are all connected to one another. The first story was the most complicated and detailed (and longest, for that matter). The second was shorter but just as intriguing. The third however, to me seemed to be a run of the mill we-need-something-to-fill-the-rest-of-the-book story.

As I said before, I enjoyed reading the book, but it's not one to put on your priority list to read.



No comments: